The smell of mulled wine, simply reminds you of one thing.. Christmas! The warm, sweet, spice aromas, ideal for these wintery cold months. There are many mulled wine recipes available these days from all over the world.
Here is our recipe on how to make mulled wine for you and in the comforts of your own home in as little as 1 hour. Easy to make. The main ingredients to mulled wine right is all things sugar and spice. This recipe serves 4 people. You will need 1 medium sized saucepan, large stirring spoon and glass mugs (better for the heat)
1 bottle of fine red wine
1 Large orange
100g Caster Sugar
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Bay Leaf
1 Vanilla Pod
½ Whole Nut Meg
1 Star Arise
- Squeeze the clementine juice into the saucepan, add the sugar.
- Cut the cinnamon stick in 2, fold in the vanilla pod, cloves, nut meg, star arise and bay leaf.
- Pour over the wine, enough to cover the sugar – bring pan to boil, turn heat up to mid heat, stir occasionally,
- Slice up the orange and lemon, put into the pan for extra flavouring.
- Boil for 5 minutes until turns the mixture turns syrupy.
- Add rest of Wine and simmer for a further 5 minutes – Tip; taste here as you might want to add some extra caster sugar if not sweet enough.
- Finally, pour into glass mugs and decorate with a citrus fruit, a cinnamon stick or star arise so nice and festive… Enjoy!
Need a new hob to perfect your mulled wine recipe on?
Why not check out EAW’s latest Induction, gas and ceramic hob’s, from a range of well known brands at affordable prices. We are now offering free next working day delivery too.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from us all at EAW!!