Chicken and mushroom pie is a British traditional dish, popular throughout the whole year, especially during the winter months, acting as comfort food keeping you warm. Chicken and mushroom pie tends to be rich and creamy with lots of flavour, made from puff pastry. Best eaten on the day of baking, although leftovers can be store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, reheating in a microwave.
350g Cooked Chicken
1 Large Onion Chopped
150g Mushroom Sliced
150ml Chicken Stock
2 teaspoons mustard
Salt & pepper to Season
For the pastry:
250g Plain Flour
1 Beaten egg to glaze
- On medium heat, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add in the chopped onion and sliced mushrooms, cook for 2 minute stirring throughout. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the chicken stock and milk. Return to heat, cook until the sauce thickens, stir often.
- Add in the cooked chicken, mustard and seasoning.
- Meanwhile make the pastry, allowing to rest for 15 minutes before rolling.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°c or Gas Mark 7.
- Divide the pastry in 2 halves, placing one half in a pie dish or oven dish.
- Place the pie mixture into the centre of the pie, moisten the edge with water and place the second half of the pastry over the top, making a slit in this and glazing with a beaten egg.
- Cook the pie for around 40 minutes then reduce to gas mark 5 until golden brown.
For all your cooking needs why not check out our full range of cooking appliances and baking equipment at www.eawuk.com
The Montpellier SFO58X is one of our best selling ovens; it has a 65Ltr, 8 function oven offering a bigger oven cavity whilst still giving you all the flexibility you could want from an oven.
The delay timer also allows you to set your oven to start cooking when convenient for you, so you could have dinner ready for when you get home. The cavity has also an easy clean enamel lining so spills are easier to wipe up.