Stuffed peppers are a colourful, nutritional dish that is cheap to make. They are especially popular in the summertime as they are easy to make and full of delicious flavours for all the family to enjoy. When making stuffed peppers there is a variety of food options you can use, whether it be a vegetarian option or meat filled. This dish is often used as the main course with a side salad or garlic bread. Here is a traditional easy stuffed pepper recipe with beef for you to enjoy at home.
- 4 Bell peppers
- 1lb Beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Tomato sauce – 1 can
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven
- Cut the stem of each pepper and remove the top gently as you can put this on once stuffed. Removed the seeds. If the pepper doesn’t stand up, cut a thin slice off the bottom.
- Cook the beef on medium heat for 10 minutes in a frying pan until brown. Drain the juice. Add in the rice, salt, chopped onion garlic, tomato sauce and cook until hot.
- With a spoon evenly distribute the mixture into the peppers placed on a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, tip: by adding ½ cup of water to the baking dish this will create steam and help the peppers to soften when covered.
- Uncover add the mozzarella and bake for a further 5-1o minutes.
At EAW we have a range of cooking appliances that will help you get the best out of cooking and baking in your home.
The Hotpoint HR612CH stylish black glass ceramic hob is available at £169.00, measuring just under 60 cm wide it it has 4 cooking zones and touch control that gives you precise temperature control. With 9 power levels to choose from so you can control the food your cooking precisely. There is a double ring zone which is designed to increase flexibility.
The Montpellier SFO58W stainless steel 65 litre fan oven is available at £215.00, it features 8 oven functions offering you a bigger oven cavity whilst still giving you all the flexibility you want from a oven, a delay timer that allows you to set your oven to start cooking when convenient for you. The cavity has also an easy clean enamel lining so spills are easier to wipe up. Complete with 2 year guarantee.