Spring is here and Summer won’t be long. Time to enjoy some fresh and fruit recipes to welcome the new season of food in. These recipes are great for parties and will keep the little ones happy as well.
- 1 Litre of water
- 4 unwaxed lemons
- 175g golden caster sugar
- large handful of ice cubes, plus extra for serving
- Cut the lemons in to 8 pieces and blitz the lemons in a food processor or blender with half of the sugar, some ice cubes and 500ml of the water. Once well combined, strain the juice and keep for the next part of the recipe.
- Tip the lemon pulp you have just strained back into the food processor. Add the rest of the sugar, more ice cubes and 500ml/18fl oz water and whizz again. Strain this into the jug with the reserved juice (discard the pulp).
- Your reserved juice now is the perfect homemade lemonade. Serve with a picher with lots of ice and extra slices of lemon.
Strawberry & Basil Soda
- 400g strawberries
- 4 tsp sugar
- Juice of 2 orange
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 16 basil leaves, shredded, plus more for garnishing
- 750ml soda water
- Roughly chop the strawberries after hulling. Mix the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, vinegar and basil. Leave for a few minutes at room temperature so the flavours start to mingle, then blend in a food processor or blender and pass through a fine sieve.
- Add the mixture to a pitcher, add the soda water and stir. When serving add ice to a glass, pour the drink in and top with a strawberry and basil leaf.
Strawberry Milk Pops
- 400g ripe strawberry
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 405g can light condensed milk
- Prepare the strawberries by hulling them and blitz in a food processor until smooth. Mix in milk and condensed milk and whizz quickly to combined.
- Pour the mixture into ice-lolly moulds and attach the tops or when half frozen add traditional wooden lolly sticks. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hrs until solid. Warm the moulds with your hands or under warm water to release the pops. Will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Simple Fruit Lollies
- Fruit cordial or juice of your choice
- Fruit pieces of your choice
- Prepare any fruit you are using by cutting in to bite sizes pieces or keep whole if small fruit like berries.
- Using either cordial or fresh fruit juice, dilute to about half and half, with water (or lemonade for a treat) – fill ice lolly moulds adding some of the fruit and freeze
- While half frozen you can add more fruit pieces so that they are evenly distributed through the lolly.
Make these recipes easier?
Check out our range of blenders