October the 17th is this years national pasta day, who doesn’t love pasta but did you know the following facts…
- There are over 350 types of pasta
- There is a shape of pasta for every sauce
- When cooking if you throw a piece against a wall/cupboard and it sticks, its ready to eat
- Pasta contains 6 of your essential 8 amino acids
- Most dried pasta is made from only 2 ingredients – semolina flour and water
- The 3 most popular types are – spaghetti, macaroni and penne
- Pasta originated from China not Italy
Easy Mac & Cheese Recipe
Macaroni & cheese isn’t just for kids, here is a easy mac & cheese recipe to make at home (serves 4 people), with only 5 ingredients.
400g macaroni pasta
50g salted butter
2 tbsp plain white flour
250g grated cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Keep stirring on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- On medium heat, stir in the milk bit by bit until the texture is smooth
- Remove pan from the heat and add the grated cheese, stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta pan, return pasta back to the pan then pour in the cheese sauce
- Serve & enjoy 🙂
Why not check out our range of hobs, ovens & cookers for cooking your perfect pasta dish on 🙂